For Dolce... Amazement! (Puppy Love)


Before we acquired a puppy of our own, my Son begged me to look after his friend's pit bull terrier for the weekend. This poem tells all!

FOR DOLCE- AMAZEMENT!
(Puppy Love)

Soooo Dolce...cute little puppy... a pit bull at that!
Tell me... 'How did you manage it?'
How did you manage to reach out with that paw
And claw your way through the sign
Across my heart that said
'Dogs are okay but they're not allowed here?'

2 days... 6 days... 2 and a half weeks!
But all it really took
Was that first little look!
You were so sweet cupped in the arms
of my strapping great lad.
Nose twitching with curiosity
Eyes so bright, connecting with mine
Tongue flickering across my hand as I stroked your neck

SO WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED HERE?
SSSIIIIIGH.... PUPPY LOVE I GUESS!!!

Jaz McKenzie 2008

I don't like to think of Dolce now due to the fact she was bred too early and when I saw her again some months later she was so thin it broke my heart. Young lads owning dogs they are unable to care for is yet another of society's issues, so please, think carefully when taking a pet on. We ended up with Kaos- a somewhat larger dog, but at least she wasn't ill treated- just walked at strange times by my teenage son!

Jaz McKenzie~ The Word Magician

Comments