Are you stuck in a groove? Then open your mind!


There is one saying that is true to the core- if you keep doing the same thing you get the same result!

Now, I started blogging in 2007 on Myspace just for the fun of it- and daaaaam was it fun. When I started Its Braap I changed the plot and semi-censored what I blogged about in order to fit the positive/inspirational mode. Gone are the days of commenting on anything and everything from public toilets to T-Shirt slogans; which was my true natural impulse. Whilst enjoying blogging and having grand thoughts about websites, competitions and affiliations I have not got round to turning it into a business. Hence it's still a hobby!

Writing is very time consuming when you undertake it seriously, especially preparing bio's and even reviews. You have to make sure your facts are correct and descriptions, clear. This mean that it takes a huge amount of work to generate a very minimal income- not the best use of time and I certainly can't match my working income!

Having been involved quite closely with Facebook friends' ventures over the years I have come to appreciate a wide variety of different genres, music, acting. art; all of which were my original interests. It's a fantastic natural education and one I will continue. I have come to realise how hard people struggle to support their passion, often with limited success. This parallels with my experience and it is something I'm in the process of addressing.

It's so easy to keep up our hopes and do the same thing, but if we don't make changes we will become stale, therefore I have taken the plunge into new areas which are pretty time consuming, so I find myself posting less often than previously and have decided to keep it that way. Sometimes we need to diversify so I am working with Linking UK. This is a company with a vision and currently I'm busy writing directory listings so the site has content prior to creating videos- a blank site is a dead site! Once that's done it will be far less demanding on my time and we will be able to recommence filming episodes of 'Snap London'- and work on project #2!

I love keeping a strong positive vibe. Having attended many different types of motivational events over the years I have decided to throw myself into- something completely new about which I know nothing, and re-invigorate the brain cells. I'm not speaking about it quite yet, obviously my knowledge is currently miniscule- I feel like a 5 year old learning my twelve times table! But it doesn't matter. The more we immerse ourselves in an experience the more we learn and eventually benefit. I genuinely believe that this is an excellent opportunity to expand in many ways- knowledge, travel, finance and self -fulfilment.

What I would say to you is what do you need to do to progress? Ask God/universe to point you in the right direction. Funnily enough my Son's are the springboard to my future. I'm wise enough to learn from them- I believe they are more in touch with current business trends than me so their motivation has become my inspiration, and to be honest, I like it that way.

Jaz McKenzie~ The Word Magician   Contact itsbraap@live.co.uk


Comments